Potassium iodide (KI) is a chemical compound containing iodine and potassium with expectorant and thyroid treating properties. It is white and odorless and is commonly available in solid and liquid forms. Potassium iodide works by blocking the absorption and negating the effect of radioactive iodine through the thyroid gland by covering it with non-radioactive iodine. This, in turn, protects the gland from cancer-causing radiation, thus promoting its widespread adoption in radiological emergencies and thyroid removal surgical procedures. It also assists in promoting thyroid health, improving birth weight, treating fibrocystic breast disease, managing overactive thyroid gland, and reducing the risks of developing goiters. As a result, potassium iodide is widely used across several applications, such as polymer additives, life sciences, pharmaceutical products, food, and feed.
The global potassium iodide market is primarily being driven by the significant growth in the pharmaceutical and polymer sectors. Potassium iodide is widely used with antithyroid medicines to treat overactive thyroid conditions (hyperthyroidism), prepare the thyroid gland for surgical removal, and protect the thyroid in a radiation exposure emergency. Additionally, the increasing instances of goiter caused due to the deficiency of iodine is favoring the market growth. On the other hand, potassium iodide is also used to treat various dermatological disorders, such as nodular vasculitis and erythema nodosum, thus supporting the market growth. Apart from this, the increasing utilization of the compound in complex inorganic oxide pigments and induced polarization functionality of polymer films that are generally used in touch screens of smart devices are providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing product application as a sanitizing agent in the food and healthcare industries on account of the increasing health consciousness among individuals are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the potassium iodide manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the potassium iodide industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the potassium iodide industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing potassium iodide?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing potassium iodide?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing potassium iodide?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing potassium iodide?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing potassium iodide?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing potassium iodide?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing potassium iodide?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing potassium iodide?
- What are the profit margins in potassium iodide?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of potassium iodide?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Potassium Iodide Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Potassium Iodide Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Potassium Iodide Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
188.8.131.52 Plant Machinery Costs
184.108.40.206 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
220.127.116.11 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
18.104.22.168 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Plant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Potassium Iodide Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Potassium Iodide Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Potassium Iodide Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Potassium Iodide Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Potassium Iodide Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Potassium Iodide: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Potassium Iodide: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Potassium Iodide: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Potassium Iodide Price Structure
Figure 10: Potassium Iodide: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Potassium Iodide: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Potassium Iodide: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Potassium Iodide Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers
Syndicated Analytics provides special pricing for:
- Academic Institutes
- Government Agencies
- Nonprofit Organizations
- For more information, feel free to contact us.