Adipic acid is a white, crystalline substance used as a monomer to manufacture nylon 6, 6. It is produced through the oxidation of cyclohexane, cyclohexanol, cyclohexanone, or other petroleum-based feedstock with air or nitric acid. It is widely used as a reactant in manufacturing polyurethanes (PU) to form plasticizers, resins, polyester polyols, and lubricants. It is also employed in adhesives, baking powder, and food flavoring agents. As a result, adipic acid finds extensive applications in the paints and coatings, automotive, construction, textiles, industrial appliances, consumer goods, electrical and electronics, and food packaging industries.
The global adipic acid market is primarily driven by the increasing infrastructure development activities and the surging demand for paints, coatings, wires, and cables due to the expanding population. Moreover, there has been a significant rise in the consumption of convenience foods owing to changing lifestyles and inflating consumer disposable incomes. In line with this, the escalating demand for nylon 6,6 resin in the food packaging industry is positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, the rising need for high-quality plastic and comfortable and durable furniture represents another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, there has been widespread adoption of nylon 6,6 to manufacture various automotive interior and exterior parts, including glass-reinforced plastics-based structural parts, engine covers, and airbag containers, on account of their superior mechanical, temperature resistant, and lightweight properties. Along with this, rapid expansion in the construction industry and the growing product usage in building components, such as insulation materials, housing electronics, and exterior panels, have catalyzed market growth. In addition, the rising preferences for durable and lightweight products in the construction, automotive, and electronics industries are accelerating the product adoption rate. Other factors, including rapid industrialization, expanding packaging and consumer goods industry, increasing commercialization of bio-adipic acid, and rising personal care and pharmaceutical applications, are also anticipated to create a favorable market outlook.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the adipic acid manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the adipic acid industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the adipic acid industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing adipic acid?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing adipic acid?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing adipic acid?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing adipic acid?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing adipic acid?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing adipic acid?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing adipic acid?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing adipic acid?
- What are the profit margins in adipic acid?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of adipic acid?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Adipic Acid Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Adipic Acid Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Adipic Acid Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
184.108.40.206 Plant Machinery Costs
220.127.116.11 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
18.104.22.168 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
22.214.171.124 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Adipic Acid Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Adipic Acid Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Adipic Acid Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Adipic Acid Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Adipic Acid Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Adipic Acid: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Adipic Acid: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Adipic Acid: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Adipic Acid Price Structure
Figure 10: Adipic Acid: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Adipic Acid: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Adipic Acid: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Adipic Acid Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Adipic Acid Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers