Calcium carbide (CaC2) is a grayish-black, crystalline compound with a garlic-like odor that is synthesized industrially from calcium oxide (CaO), also known as lime, and carbon in the form of coke. It undergoes thermal decomposition under a vacuum of pure calcium cyanamide in the occurrence of carbon to produce white calcium carbide. The compound is used to generate calcium cyanamide and acetylene gas as a reducing advocate. It is also employed as desulfurizing and deoxidizing agent in steel manufacturing and metal cutting applications and as an essential chemical for manufacturing fertilizers. Apart from this, calcium carbide is easy to handle, store, and transport due to which it finds extensive application across metallurgy, food and chemical industries.
The significant growth in the chemical industry across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the calcium carbide market. In line with this, calcium carbide is used for manufacturing acetylene gas, generating acetylene in carbide lamps, and producing chemicals for fertilizer. Also, the escalating demand for acetylene for flame cleaning of sheet metal surfaces and welding and cutting processes is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of organic calcium carbide produced using a green synthetic approach that is eco-friendly and aids in reducing the overall carbon footprint, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the widespread utilization of calcium carbide as a modulating agent in the production of graphite in iron and as a finishing slag component in ferrous and non-ferrous refining metals is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the rising incorporation of the chemical as an essential raw material in the production of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), the increasing product demand in oxyacetylene cutting, welding, and heat-treating applications, and the significant expansion in the oil and gas industry, are at anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the calcium carbide manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the calcium carbide industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the calcium carbide industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing calcium carbide?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing calcium carbide?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing calcium carbide?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing calcium carbide?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing calcium carbide?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing calcium carbide?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing calcium carbide?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing calcium carbide?
- What are the profit margins in calcium carbide?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of calcium carbide?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Calcium Carbide Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Calcium Carbide Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Calcium Carbide Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
126.96.36.199 Plant Machinery Costs
188.8.131.52 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
184.108.40.206 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
220.127.116.11 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Calcium Carbide Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Calcium Carbide Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Calcium Carbide Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Calcium Carbide Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Calcium Carbide Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Calcium Carbide: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Calcium Carbide: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Calcium Carbide: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Calcium Carbide Price Structure
Figure 10: Calcium Carbide: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Calcium Carbide: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Calcium Carbide: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Calcium Carbide Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers
Syndicated Analytics provides special pricing for:
- Academic Institutes
- Government Agencies
- Nonprofit Organizations
- For more information, feel free to contact us.