Citric acid is a colorless, weak organic acid naturally present in citrus fruits, such as lemon, orange, lime, grapefruit, and pomelos. It is synthetically produced by fermentation of sugars using the filamentous fungus Aspergillus niger. It is characterized by a slightly acidic, tart, and refreshing taste and is rich in antioxidants. It helps maintain energy levels, promotes healthy digestion, improves kidney function, enhances metabolism, boosts nutrient absorption, and facilitates detoxification. It is widely used in food products to enhance flavor, inhibit microbial growth, extend the shelf life and balance the sweetness in carbonated soft drinks, juices, and other beverages. Moreover, citric acid finds extensive applications across various industries, including cosmetics and personal care, soaps and detergents, adhesives, sealants, plastics, and pharmaceuticals.
The global citric acid market is primarily driven by the growing product adoption as a preservative, flavoring, and coloring agent in the food and beverage sector. Besides this, the escalating demand for ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages and processed foods due to the changing lifestyles, rapid urbanization, and elevating income levels is another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, there has been widespread product adoption in personal care items, such as facial packs and masks, to naturally lighten and brighten the skin tone, minimize breakouts and oiliness, and regenerate dead skin cells. In line with this, the rising product utilization in manufacturing digestive medicines has catalyzed the demand for citric acid. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are adopting advanced production technologies to develop specialized grades of citric acid, which is expanding its pharmaceutical and food applications. Along with this, the shifting consumer inclination toward natural and organic products owing to the growing awareness regarding the adverse effects of chemicals present in everyday items has accelerated the adoption of citric acid. Other factors, including the surging product usage in household cleaners and detergents, increasing applications in clinical nutrition and pet food products, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are also anticipated to propel the market growth.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the citric acid manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the citric acid industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the citric acid industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing citric acid?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing citric acid?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing citric acid?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing citric acid?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing citric acid?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing citric acid?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing citric acid?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing citric acid?
- What are the profit margins in citric acid?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of citric acid?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Citric Acid Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Citric Acid Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Citric Acid Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
188.8.131.52 Plant Machinery Costs
184.108.40.206 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
220.127.116.11 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
18.104.22.168 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Citric Acid Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Citric Acid Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Citric Acid Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Citric Acid Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Citric Acid Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Citric Acid: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Citric Acid: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Citric Acid: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Citric Acid Price Structure
Figure 10: Citric Acid: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Citric Acid: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Citric Acid: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Citric Acid Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Citric Acid Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers