Crude oil is a naturally occurring liquid petroleum product mined from various porous rock formations in the earth’s crust and refined to manufacture jet fuel, gasoline, and other petrochemicals. It comprises deposits of hydrocarbons and other organic substances formed from the remains of dead plants and animals that existed millions of years ago. It is refined and separated into mixtures that are further broken down into simpler fractions to be used as fuels, lubricants, and even intermediate feedstock for the petrochemical industry. Since it is a primary source of energy production, crude oil is currently gaining immense traction across the globe.
The global crude oil market is primarily driven by a rise in exploration activities across subsea oil and gas sites. Moreover, the escalating demand for fuel oil, especially in emerging economies, due to the surging population, increasing number of vehicles, and rapid urbanization, is positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, the discovery of new shale oil deposits and reserves across the globe is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the expanding use of digital oilfield technology, including high-performance drill bits, advanced electrical submersible pumps, and 3D seismic imaging and reservoir modeling, to enhance oil and gas production, improve profitability, and optimize the utilization of human resources has catalyzed market growth. Apart from this, the growing usage of heavy construction equipment and commercial vehicles, such as trucks, buses, tractors, boats, trains, and electricity generators, has augmented the demand for crude oil. Furthermore, there has been a surge in the adoption of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) as a clean energy source in households for residential heating, hot water systems, and cooking purposes due to elevating pollution levels and rising concerns about carbon emissions. In line with this, the increasing export opportunities for refinery products, such as diesel and gasoline, have propelled market growth. Other factors, including continuous improvements in extraction and refining techniques, ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, rising demand for electricity, and rapid industrialization, are also anticipated to create a favorable market outlook.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the crude oil manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the crude oil industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the crude oil industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing crude oil?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing crude oil?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing crude oil?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing crude oil?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing crude oil?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing crude oil?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing crude oil?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing crude oil?
- What are the profit margins in crude oil?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of crude oil?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Crude Oil Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Crude Oil Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Crude Oil Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
18.104.22.168 Plant Machinery Costs
22.214.171.124 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
126.96.36.199 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
188.8.131.52 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Crude Oil Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Crude Oil Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Crude Oil Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Crude Oil Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Crude Oil Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Crude Oil: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Crude Oil: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Crude Oil: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Crude Oil Price Structure
Figure 10: Crude Oil: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Crude Oil: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Crude Oil: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Crude Oil Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Crude Oil Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers