Hexyl Salicylate (C13H18O3), also known as benzoic acid or hexyl ester, is a colorless transparent oily liquid with a floral, fruity, spicy odor. It is a benzoate ester synthetically produced with hexanol and salicylic acid. In this procedure, hexanol reacts with salicylic acid in the presence of PTSA and solvent at reflux temperature to separate and remove water. Later, the acquired solution is cooled to room temperature and washed with alkaline water up to neutral pH, separating the organic layer of hexyl salicylate and the aqueous water layer. At present, hexyl salicylate finds extensive application in soaps, shampoos, fragrances, personal hygiene products, and detergents across the globe.
The market is primarily driven by significant growth in the personal care industry and the rising utilization of hexyl salicylate in moisturizers, bar soap, body wash, liquid hand soap, hand sanitizer, hand cream, masks, and scrubs. In addition, the increasing product adoption in the food and beverage (F&B) industry for adding taste and smell to food without aroma and maintaining the stability of the original flavor is contributing to the market growth. It can also be used as a fixative, which helps other scents last longer. It is also used to give a raspberry or strawberry flavor and enhance the taste of food by adding fragrance, making them more appealing to consumers. Moreover, the rising demand for hexyl salicylate in the household chemicals sector on account of growing awareness regarding hygiene among individuals is propelling the market growth. Besides this, the widespread application of hexyl salicylate in the cosmetic industry represents another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the escalating demand for hexyl salicylate in the fragrance sector to make fragrances last longer and add a fruity or floral scent to colognes, perfumes, and air fresheners is creating a positive market outlook across the globe.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the hexyl salicylate manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the hexyl salicylate industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the hexyl salicylate industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing hexyl salicylate?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing hexyl salicylate?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing hexyl salicylate?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing hexyl salicylate?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing hexyl salicylate?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing hexyl salicylate?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing hexyl salicylate?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing hexyl salicylate?
- What are the profit margins in hexyl salicylate?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of hexyl salicylate?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Hexyl Salicylate Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Hexyl Salicylate Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
22.214.171.124 Plant Machinery Costs
126.96.36.199 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
188.8.131.52 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
184.108.40.206 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Hexyl Salicylate Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Hexyl Salicylate Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Hexyl Salicylate Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Hexyl Salicylate Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Hexyl Salicylate Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Hexyl Salicylate: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Hexyl Salicylate: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Hexyl Salicylate: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Hexyl Salicylate Price Structure
Figure 10: Hexyl Salicylate: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Hexyl Salicylate: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Hexyl Salicylate: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Hexyl Salicylate Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers