Maize processing refers to mechanical and chemical operations that convert maize into safe and palatable food for consumption. It includes dry and wet milling processes to convert raw grains to finished goods. Dry milling involves grinding whole maize in a grindstone or roller mill to produce flour, whereas, in the wet milling process, maize is separated into various classes of chemical compounds. Maize processing is commonly done to produce wide-ranging products, such as maize flour, corn meal, starch, protein, oil, fiber, and bio-ethanol. It is also used to manufacture cereals, snack foods, pancake mixes, cookies, and biscuits.
The increasing utilization of maize processing to produce starch is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Starch is widely used to produce asbestos, dyes, ceramics, plastics, oilcloth, paper, and boards. In line with this, the widespread utilization of starch as a thickener, binder, filler, and stabilizer in canned soup, instant dessert, custard powder, ice cream, gravies, and bakeries is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, increasing demand for maize processing to produce quality protein maize (QPM) feed for poultry due to high biological value, reduced cost, easy transportation, and presence of natural lysine is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Additionally, the introduction of automated maize processing equipment for intermediate screening, cleaning, peeling, and other processes, which increases production efficiency, produces better quality flour, and saves labor, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the increasing technique adoption to produce bio-ethanol for blending with traditional automotive fuel, such as petrol and diesel, due to rising environmental concerns and escalating energy consumption, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Other factors, including the implementation of various government initiatives promoting ethanol blending and widespread utilization of maize processing for producing semolina, gluten meal, grits, corn flakes, and puffs, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
The report provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a maize processing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the maize industry. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, key success and risk factors, manufacturing requirements, project cost, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the maize industry.
The project report covers the following aspects of the maize market:
- Market Snapshot:
- Market Performance
- Market Breakup by Product Type
- Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
- Market Breakup by Packaging
- Market Breakup by Region
- Price Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Market Outlook
- Manufacturing Process:
- Product Overview
- Detailed Process Flow
- Unit Operations Involved
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved:
- Land, Location and Site Development
- Plant Layout
- Machinery Requirements and Expenditures
- Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- Project Economics
- Capital Investments
- Operating Costs
- Expenditure Projections
- Revenue Projections
- Profit Projections
- Financial Analysis
- Regulatory Procedures and Approval
- Key Success and Risk Factors
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the maize industry?
- How has the maize market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the maize industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a maize manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a maize manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a maize manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a maize manufacturing plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a maize manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a maize manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a maize manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a maize manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a maize manufacturing plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of maize?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a maize processing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customise the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customisations that our clients request us to include:
- The report can be customised based on the country/region that you plan to setup your plant
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customised based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customised based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports?
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to take informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, Utility costs, labour costs, etc across 100+ countries around the globe
- We are the trusted business partners to the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to fortune 500 companies
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modelling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
3.1 Market Scenario
3.2 Raw Material Requirements
3.3 Income Projections
3.4 Expenditure Projections
3.5 Profit Analysis
4 Global Maize Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Market Breakup by Segment
4.4 Market Breakup by Region
4.5 Price Trends
4.5.1 Raw Material Price Trends
4.5.2 Maize Price Trends
4.5.3 Product Margins
4.6 Market Forecast
5 Maize Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
6.1 Land, Location and Site Development
6.1.1 Overview of Land Location
6.1.2 Project Planning and Phasing of Development
6.1.3 Environmental Impacts
6.1.4 Land Requirement and Expenditure
6.2 Plant Layout
6.3 Plant Machinery
6.3.1 Machinery Requirements and Costs
6.3.2 Machinery Suppliers
6.3.3 Machinery Pictures
6.4 Raw Materials
6.4.1 Raw Material Requirements
6.4.2 Raw Material Procurement
6.4.3 Raw Material Expenditure
6.4.4 Raw Material Suppliers
6.4.5 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
6.5 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
6.6 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
6.7 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
6.8 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
7 Loans and Financial Assistance
8 Project Economics
8.1 Capital Cost of the Project
8.2 Operating Expenses
8.3 Expenditure Projections
8.4 Income Projections
8.5 Product Pricing and Margins
8.8 Financial Analysis
8.8.1 Liquidity Analysis
8.8.2 Profitability Analysis
126.96.36.199 Payback Period
188.8.131.52 Net Present Value
184.108.40.206 Internal Rate of Return
220.127.116.11 Profit and Loss Account
8.8.3 Uncertainty Analysis
8.8.4 Sensitivity Analysis
9 Regulatory Procedures and Approval
10 Key Success and Risk Factors
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Maize Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Maize Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Maize Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Maize Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Maize Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Maize Raw Materials: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Maize: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 8: Maize: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 9: Maize Processing Plant: Breakup of Operational Costs
Figure 10: Maize Price Structure
Figure 11: Maize: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 12: Maize: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Feedstocks
Figure 13: Maize Processing Plant Layout
List of Tables
Table 1: Maize Processing Plant: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Maize Processing Plant: Project Planning
Table 3: Maize Processing Plant: Phasing of Development
Table 4: Maize Processing Plant: Environmental Impacts During Construction Phase
Table 5: Maize Processing Plant: Environmental Impacts During Operation Phase
Table 6: Maize Processing Plant: Costs Related to Land and Site Development (in US$)
Table 7: Maize Processing Plant: Costs Related to Machinery
Table 8: Maize Processing Plant: List of Machinery Suppliers
Table 9: Maize Processing Plant: Costs Related to Raw Materials
Table 10: Maize Processing Plant: List of Raw Material Suppliers
Table 11: Maize Processing Plant: Costs Related to Packaging
Table 12: Maize Processing Plant: Costs Related to Utilities
Table 13:Maize Processing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 14: Maize Processing Plant: Capital Costs
Table 15: Maize Processing Plant: Operating Costs
Table 16: Maize Processing Plant: Taxation
Table 17: Maize Processing Plant: Depreciation
Table 18: Maize Processing Plant: Income Projections
Table 19: Maize Processing Plant: Expenditure Projections
Table 20: Maize Processing Plant: Liquidity Analysis Without Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 21: Maize Processing Plant: Liquidity Analysis on Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 22: Maize Processing Plant: Profitability Analysis Without Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 23: Maize Processing Plant: Profitability Analysis on Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 24: Maize Processing Plant: Profit and Loss Account
Table 25: Maize Processing Plant: Discount Factor Rate
Table 26: Maize Processing Plant: Sensitivity Analysis