Maleic anhydride (C2H2(CO)2O), also known as MAN, is a cyclic dicarboxylic anhydride that is used as an organic intermediate in the manufacturing of numerous industrial chemicals. Typically produced through the vapor phase oxidation of aromatic compounds, such as n-butane or benzene, at very high temperatures, it is characterized by its arid odor and colorless white solid form. It is partially soluble in benzene, chloroform, and toluene while being fully soluble in ethanol, acetone, and dioxane. Although MAN is highly reactive, its production poses relatively low environmental risks. The intermediate finds extensive applications in the formulation of unsaturated polyester resins (UPR), alkenyl succinic anhydrides, automotive composites, lubricant additives, coatings, surfactants, plastic additives, and pharmaceuticals.
The market is primarily driven by considerable growth in the automotive industry. This can be attributed to the rapid utilization of unsaturated polyester resins (UPR) in the manufacturing of a large number of automotive composites, including closure panels, body panels, fenders, heat shields and headlamp reflectors. In line with this, the increasing adoption of cleaner fuels in automobiles is leading to a higher uptake of oil additives, which, in turn, is propelling the market growth. The growing commercialization of bio-based maleic anhydride in agricultural chemicals is also providing an impetus to the market growth. Besides this, the rising demand for premium quality paints and coatings, coupled with the flourishing construction sector, is creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. Some of the other factors further creating a positive outlook for the market include rapid industrialization, the increasing sales of passenger cars and commercial vehicles, the growing number of automotive repairments, extensive research and development (R&D) activities and the rising environmental concerns regarding toxic emissions.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the maleic anhydride manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the maleic anhydride industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the maleic anhydride industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing maleic anhydride?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing maleic anhydride?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing maleic anhydride?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing maleic anhydride?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing maleic anhydride?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing maleic anhydride?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing maleic anhydride?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing maleic anhydride?
- What are the profit margins in maleic anhydride?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of maleic anhydride?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Maleic Anhydride Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Maleic Anhydride Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
22.214.171.124 Plant Machinery Costs
126.96.36.199 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
188.8.131.52 Impact of COVID-19
4.3.4 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
184.108.40.206 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Maleic Anhydride Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Maleic Anhydride Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Maleic Anhydride Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Maleic Anhydride Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Maleic Anhydride Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Maleic Anhydride: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Maleic Anhydride: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Maleic Anhydride: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Maleic Anhydride Price Structure
Figure 10: Maleic Anhydride: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Maleic Anhydride: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Maleic Anhydride: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Maleic Anhydride Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers