Methanol (CH3OH), also known as wood or methyl alcohol, is a light, colorless, inflammable, and volatile liquid alcohol with a distinctive odor. It is produced by combining hydrogen and carbon monoxide gas in the presence of a catalyst. It has a lower rate of evaporation and is also miscible in different solvents like water, alcohol, ether and ketones. Owing to these properties, methanol is widely utilized to manufacture biodiesel and as a general solvent to produce resins, pharmaceuticals, and perfumes.
The market is primarily driven by the rising product adoption in the automotive industry. Methanol is widely used as a transportation fuel and antifreeze agent for automobile radiators. In addition, with the shifting consumer inclination toward sustainable fuels, methanol is employed to manufacture Methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) and Dimethyl ether (DME), which are safer alternatives to traditional gasoline. Besides this, the market is also propelled by the increasing utilization of methanol to produce ethylene glycol, vinyl chloride monomer, and vinyl acetate monomer that find application in paints and coatings, adhesives, and other end-use industries. Moreover, with the growing environmental concerns, there has been an increase in the demand for methanol as a cleaner substitute for conventional fuels since methanol biodegrades are eco-friendly in nature. Furthermore, the implementation of favorable government initiatives to promote the usage of methanol as a fuel in vehicles and cooking is also creating a positive market outlook across the globe.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the methanol manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the methanol industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the methanol industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing methanol?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing methanol?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing methanol?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing methanol?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing methanol?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing methanol?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing methanol?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing methanol?
- What are the profit margins in methanol?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of methanol?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Methanol Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Methanol Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Methanol Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
188.8.131.52 Plant Machinery Costs
184.108.40.206 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
220.127.116.11 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
18.104.22.168 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Methanol Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Methanol Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Methanol Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Methanol Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Methanol Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Methanol: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Methanol: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Methanol: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Methanol Price Structure
Figure 10: Methanol: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Methanol: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Methanol: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Methanol Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Methanol Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Methanol Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Methanol Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Methanol Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Methanol Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Methanol Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Methanol Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Methanol Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Methanol Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Methanol Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Methanol Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Methanol Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Methanol Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Methanol Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Methanol Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Methanol Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Methanol Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Methanol Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Methanol Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Methanol Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Methanol Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers
Syndicated Analytics provides special pricing for:
- Academic Institutes
- Government Agencies
- Nonprofit Organizations
- For more information, feel free to contact us.