Octene (C8H16) is a chemical compound that is stable, colorless, and organic. It has a narrow molecular weight, randomly distributed comonomers, and controlled quantity and length of long-chain branching. It also possesses a double bond for the primary carbon or alpha position that enhances the reactivity of the compound and makes it useful for various applications. It is widely used as a raw material for synthesizing fine chemicals such as octyl diphenylamine, octylphenol, isodecyl alcohol, and octylamine. Besides this, octene also acts as a surfactant in detergent production and crude oil refining.
The market is primarily driven by the rising product adoption in the automotive industry. Octene is widely utilized to manufacture lubricants, oil chemicals and plasticizers that are used for maintaining and managing the spare parts in vehicles. In addition, the rising product adoption in the plastics industry for polyethylene production represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, with the growing environmental concerns, governments of numerous countries are implementing stringent regulations regarding the usage of gasoline to promote the usage of biofuels. This, coupled with the increasing utilization of octene as a surfactant in detergents due to their high-water solubility and excellent cleaning properties, is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the rising oilfield activities and petrochemical production in the Middle East region, the growing product applications in paper and construction industries, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by leading market players are some of the other factors propelling the market growth.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the octene manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the octene industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the octene industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing octene?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing octene?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing octene?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing octene?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing octene?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing octene?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing octene?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing octene?
- What are the profit margins in octene?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of octene?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Octene Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Octene Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Octene Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
220.127.116.11 Plant Machinery Costs
18.104.22.168 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
22.214.171.124 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
126.96.36.199 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Octene Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Octene Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Octene Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Octene Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Octene Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Octene: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Octene: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Octene: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Octene Price Structure
Figure 10: Octene: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Octene: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Octene: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Octene Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Octene Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Octene Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Octene Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Octene Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Octene Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Octene Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Octene Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Octene Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Octene Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Octene Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Octene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Octene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Octene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Octene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Octene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Octene Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Octene Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Octene Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Octene Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Octene Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Octene Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers
Syndicated Analytics provides special pricing for:
- Academic Institutes
- Government Agencies
- Nonprofit Organizations
- For more information, feel free to contact us.