Oxalic acid (C2H2O4), or ethanedioic acid/oxalate, is a crystalline, toxic, colorless, organic compound that is commonly found in many plants, including nuts, vegetables, fruits, leafy greens, cocoa, and seeds. It is also produced in the human body by the metabolism of ascorbic acid or glyoxylic acid. The acid is soluble in alcohol, water, and ether and has three product grades, namely an aqueous solution, anhydrous, and dihydrate. The compound can be manufactured using four methods, including heating sodium formate with an alkali catalyst, heating sawdust with caustic alkalies, oxidizing carbohydrates with nitric acid, or fermenting sugar solutions with molds. Oxalic acid is primarily used as an acid rinse in laundries due to its effectiveness in removing ink and rust stains. It is also the chief constituent of many commercial preparations that are used for removing scale from automobile radiators.
The primary factor driving the oxalic acid market growth is the rapidly expanding pharmaceutical industry across the globe. Oxalic acid is extensively used to manufacture various drugs, such as borneol, achromycin, terramycin, and antibiotics. Moreover, the rising use of oxalic acid in cleaning and bleaching products for various household and industrial applications is another factor contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the surging use of oxalic acid in the recycling process to extract cobalt and lithium from waste batteries is boosting the market growth. In the metal polishing industry, the product is used in umpteen surface treatments of metals, including surface polishing, metal recovery & purification, rust removal, and alumite film processing, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, oxalic acid is witnessing a significant demand in the chemical industry as a key precursor to produce salts and esters, industrial chemicals, fine chemicals, oxalates, and phenol resin catalysts, which is accelerating the market growth. Other factors, such as the increasing consumer awareness regarding the health benefits of oxalic acid and the surging research and development activities, are providing an impetus to the market growth.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the oxalic acid manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the oxalic acid industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the oxalic acid industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing oxalic acid?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing oxalic acid?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing oxalic acid?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing oxalic acid?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing oxalic acid?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing oxalic acid?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing oxalic acid?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing oxalic acid?
- What are the profit margins in oxalic acid?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of oxalic acid?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Oxalic Acid Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Oxalic Acid Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Oxalic Acid Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
126.96.36.199 Plant Machinery Costs
188.8.131.52 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
184.108.40.206 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
220.127.116.11 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Oxalic Acid Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Oxalic Acid Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Oxalic Acid Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Oxalic Acid Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Oxalic Acid Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Oxalic Acid: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Oxalic Acid: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Oxalic Acid: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Oxalic Acid Price Structure
Figure 10: Oxalic Acid: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Oxalic Acid: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Oxalic Acid: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Oxalic Acid Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers