Pistachio is an oblong, dark-green seed produced by a small tree of the cashew family called Pistacia vera. It is commercially available in various forms, such as whole, powdered, roasted, and splits. Pistachio is widely consumed as a snack and can be added to salads, sauces, dough, and desserts to enhance flavor. It is also used in bakery and confectionery products, flavored drinks, breakfast cereals, butter and spreads, and dairy products. Pistachio is an excellent source of healthy fats, proteins, fibers, antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients. It has several health-beneficial properties that improve eye health, increase blood flow, and reduce the risk of cancer, heart problems, and digestive disorders.
The rising consumer awareness regarding various benefits of pistachio consumption, coupled with increasing health consciousness among the masses, is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Pistachio is a nutrient-dense food that reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) and diabetes, lowers cholesterol levels, and improves digestion, immunity, and nervous system functioning. In addition, the widespread product consumption to reduce weight as it increases the feeling of fullness and assists in eating less is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, rising product adoption in the food and beverage (F&B) industry to add flavor to sauces, dips, ice creams, cakes, truffles, noodles, salad, rice puddings, and cookies is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Additionally, the integration of automation in the production process to control dryer temperature, pasteurizers, and roaster speed, which, in turn, reduces labor costs and increases efficiency, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, increasing product utilization in the cosmetics industry due to its high vitamin E content that repairs and softens damaged skin, prevents blemishes, reduces wrinkles, and accelerates cell renewal is providing an impetus to the market growth. Other factors, including rising consumer expenditure capacities, easy product availability across e-commerce platforms, and the introduction of robotic pollinators to enhance production, are anticipated to drive market growth.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the pistachio manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the pistachio industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the pistachio industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing pistachio?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing pistachio?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing pistachio?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing pistachio?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing pistachio?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing pistachio?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing pistachio?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing pistachio?
- What are the profit margins in pistachio?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of pistachio?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Pistachio Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Pistachio Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Pistachio Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
126.96.36.199 Plant Machinery Costs
188.8.131.52 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
184.108.40.206 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
220.127.116.11 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Pistachio Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Pistachio Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Pistachio Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Pistachio Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Pistachio Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Pistachio: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Pistachio: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Pistachio: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Pistachio Price Structure
Figure 10: Pistachio: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Pistachio: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Pistachio: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Pistachio Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Pistachio Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Pistachio Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Pistachio Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Pistachio Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Pistachio Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Pistachio Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Pistachio Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Pistachio Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Pistachio Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Pistachio Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Pistachio Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Pistachio Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Pistachio Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Pistachio Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Pistachio Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Pistachio Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Pistachio Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Pistachio Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Pistachio Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Pistachio Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Pistachio Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers