Polystyrene (PS) is a polymer made from a liquid hydrocarbon known as monomer styrene, commercially manufactured from petroleum. It is manufactured by free-radical polymerization of styrene using free-radical initiators. It is a versatile plastic used to manufacture a variety of consumer goods. It is usually a solid thermoplastic at room temperature but can be melted at higher temperatures for molding or extrusion, then resolidified. It possesses numerous appealing qualities for medical applications, including low cost, low density, clarity, dimensional stability, and tolerance to radiation sterilization. It is an excellent electrical insulator with good chemical resistance to diluted acids and bases and superior optical clarity due to the lack of crystallinity. At present, PS finds extensive applications in manufacturing foamed products, such as cups, plates, bowls, rigid trays and containers, and disposable utensils, in the food-service industry across the globe.
The global polystyrene market is primarily driven by the rising product demand from the building, construction, and packaging industries due to its excellent insulation properties. Moreover, the increasing use of polystyrene in electronics and appliance manufacturing is positively influencing market growth. Apart from this, the rising sales of portable computing devices, gaming systems, cellular phones, and other personal electronic devices are contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the escalating demand for green buildings, as they provide benefits such as decreased load on metal structures, better water and energy consumption, enhanced air quality, and reduced operating costs than conventional buildings, is another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the growing need for acoustic and thermal insulation coupled with the ongoing construction of durable structures that can withstand extreme environmental conditions has augmented the demand for polystyrene. Furthermore, the surging adoption of chemically stable, lightweight, and reusable materials in furniture, packaging solutions, and automotive components has catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the rapid expansion in the electronics industry, the emerging trend of recycling polystyrene, supportive government policies, growing environmental concerns, rising urbanization, and inflating consumer disposable incomes, are also anticipated to create a favorable market outlook.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the polystyrene manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the polystyrene industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the polystyrene industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing polystyrene?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing polystyrene?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing polystyrene?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing polystyrene?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing polystyrene?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing polystyrene?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing polystyrene?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing polystyrene?
- What are the profit margins in polystyrene?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of polystyrene?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Polystyrene Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Polystyrene Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Polystyrene Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
126.96.36.199 Plant Machinery Costs
188.8.131.52 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
184.108.40.206 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
220.127.116.11 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Polystyrene Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Polystyrene Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Polystyrene Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Polystyrene Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Polystyrene Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Polystyrene: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Polystyrene: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Polystyrene: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Polystyrene Price Structure
Figure 10: Polystyrene: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Polystyrene: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Polystyrene: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Polystyrene Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Polystyrene Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers