Propylene oxide (C3H6O) is a flammable, colorless and volatile liquid soluble in water and miscible with many organic solvents. It is obtained by the indirect oxidation of propylene (C3H6) or the dehydrochlorination of propylene chlorohydrin. As it has corrosion resistance properties, sales of C3H6O are rising worldwide.
C3H6O prevents insect infestations and bacterial contamination in packaged food products, such as nuts, spices, starch, gums, and cocoa. As a result, it is widely employed in the food and beverage (F&B) industry across the globe. It also finds extensive applications in producing adhesives, sealants, surfactants, coatings, foams, thermal insulators and flooring materials. Moreover, it is utilized as an intermediate for producing propylene glycol (C3H8O2), which is further used to manufacture unsaturated polyester resins, vaporizers, and humectants in hand sanitizers.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the propylene oxide manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the propylene oxide industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the propylene oxide industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing propylene oxide?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing propylene oxide?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing propylene oxide?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing propylene oxide?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing propylene oxide?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing propylene oxide?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing propylene oxide?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing propylene oxide?
- What are the profit margins in propylene oxide?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of propylene oxide?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Propylene Oxide Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Propylene Oxide Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Propylene Oxide Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
184.108.40.206 Plant Machinery Costs
220.127.116.11 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
18.104.22.168 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
22.214.171.124 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Propylene Oxide Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Propylene Oxide Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Propylene Oxide Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Propylene Oxide Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Propylene Oxide Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Propylene Oxide: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Propylene Oxide: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Propylene Oxide: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Propylene Oxide Price Structure
Figure 10: Propylene Oxide: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Propylene Oxide: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Propylene Oxide: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Propylene Oxide Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers
Syndicated Analytics provides special pricing for:
- Academic Institutes
- Government Agencies
- Nonprofit Organizations
- For more information, feel free to contact us.