Ruthenium (RU) is one of the rarest metals on Earth, with the atomic number 44. It is a chemical element that is commonly found and extracted from ore by separating it from other platinum metals, including pyroxenite, osmium, palladium, platinum, and pentlandite. Commercially, it is obtained from the wastes of nickel refining. Ruthenium is the most effective hardener for palladium and platinum, due to which it is alloyed with these metals to make electrical contacts for wear resistance. The material is also known for its purity, malleability, unique catalytic and unreactive properties, and high melting points. As a result, ruthenium is widely used in fuel cells, auto catalysts, oxygen sensors, jewelry making, flat-panel computers, medical tools, electronic components, razors, spark plugs, computer hard drives, and glass production. Apart from this, it is also used to manufacture solar cells as it boosts the production of electrical energy.
The increasing product application across the electronics, chemical, and automotive industries is one of the primary factors driving the market growth across the globe. Ruthenium is widely used in the electronics sector for chip resistors and electrical contacts. Other than that, in the chemical industry, ruthenium oxide is used to coat the anodes of electrochemical cells for chlorine production and as a catalyst to produce ammonia and acetic acid. Moreover, the rising use of the compound across the pharmaceutical sector to manufacture antimalaria, antibiotics, and immunosuppressive drugs and the surging activities of nickel mining are providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Besides this, rapid technological advancements and growing product demand in the medical industry for anticancer medicines and medical devices are positively contributing to the market growth. Other factors, such as the rising product application in jewelry, inflating consumer expenditure power, and surging consumption of domestically-produced ruthenium, are creating a positive outlook for the market.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the ruthenium manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the ruthenium industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the ruthenium industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing ruthenium?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing ruthenium?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing ruthenium?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing ruthenium?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing ruthenium?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing ruthenium?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing ruthenium?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing ruthenium?
- What are the profit margins in ruthenium?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of ruthenium?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Ruthenium Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Ruthenium Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Ruthenium Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
18.104.22.168 Plant Machinery Costs
22.214.171.124 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
126.96.36.199 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
188.8.131.52 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Ruthenium Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Ruthenium Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Ruthenium Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Ruthenium Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Ruthenium Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Ruthenium: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Ruthenium: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Ruthenium: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Ruthenium Price Structure
Figure 10: Ruthenium: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Ruthenium: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Ruthenium: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Ruthenium Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Ruthenium Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers