Sulfuric acid (H2SO4) is a colorless, oily, strong, and corrosive liquid with hygroscopic characteristics and oxidizing properties. It is manufactured industrially through the chemical reaction of water with sulfur trioxide. It reacts with alcohol and water to release heat and metals, when diluted with water, to produce flammable and explosive hydrogen gas. It is used in the production of fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, pigments, dyes, drugs, inorganic salts, explosives, and detergents. Besides this, it is used in ammonium phosphates, calcium dihydrogen phosphate, and ammonium phosphates, petroleum refining, metallurgical processes, and iron and steel production.
The growing global population, declining arable land, and increasing food security concerns are among the key factors escalating the demand for sulfuric acid in the agriculture industry to produce fertilizers for high crop yield. Besides this, the expanding use of sulfuric acid in the manufacturing of chemical compounds, such as hydrochloric acid and nitric acid, dyestuffs, parchment paper, glue, and paints and coatings, is accelerating market growth. Additionally, the widespread adoption of sulfuric acid as an electrolyte in lead-based car batteries, along with the boosting sales of passenger vehicles, is offering lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the industry. Apart from this, the escalating demand for household care products, such as air fresheners and bathroom cleaners, is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the rising construction activities of residential and commercial properties are positively influencing the adoption of sulfuric acid in flooring, tiles, sinks, bathtubs, mirrors, wall materials, wall-to-wall carpets, insulation, and semi-permanent fixtures, such as faucets and light fixtures.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the Sulfuric acid manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the Sulfuric acid industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the Sulfuric acid industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing Sulfuric acid?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing Sulfuric acid?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing Sulfuric acid?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing Sulfuric acid?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing Sulfuric acid?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing Sulfuric acid?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing Sulfuric acid?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing Sulfuric acid?
- What are the profit margins in Sulfuric acid?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of Sulfuric acid?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Sulfuric Acid Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Market Forecast
4.4 Market Breakup by Segment
4.5 Market Breakup by Region
4.6 Price Trends
4.6.1 Sulfuric Acid Price Trends
4.6.2 Product Margins
5 Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
126.96.36.199 Plant Machinery Costs
188.8.131.52 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
184.108.40.206 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
220.127.116.11 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Sulfuric Acid Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Sulfuric Acid Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Sulfuric Acid Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Sulfuric Acid Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Sulfuric Acid Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Sulfuric Acid: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Sulfuric Acid: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Sulfuric Acid: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Sulfuric Acid Price Structure
Figure 10: Sulfuric Acid: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Sulfuric Acid: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Sulfuric Acid: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers