Xylene is an organic compound that appears as a colorless, sweet-smelling liquid or gas occurring naturally in petroleum, coal, and wood tar. It is commercially produced during the coke fuel manufacturing process. It is an aromatic hydrocarbon liquid used to manufacture industrial derivatives, such as rubber cement, lacquers, lubricants, enamels, cleaning agents, dyes, insecticides, rubber goods, detergents, and thinners. As a result, xylene finds extensive applications in the automotive, textile, chemical, oil and gas, leather, paints and coatings, and rubber industries across the globe.
The global xylene market is primarily driven by the rising applications of polyesters in the textile industry. Moreover, due to the growing usage of face shields, transparent masks, and food and e-commerce packaging, the escalating demand for xylene derivatives, such as purified terephthalic acid (TPA), dimethyl terephthalate (DMT), and polyethylene terephthalate (PET), has accelerated product adoption rates. Additionally, there has been a rise in the use of paraxylene, a xylene isomer, in the production of PET plastic used in various industries, including consumer goods, automotive, construction, sheets & films, food packaging, and beverage packaging. In line with this, the rising demand for PET for manufacturing mineral water and carbonated drink bottles due to rapid growth in the beverage industry has augmented the product demand. Besides this, high investments by key players in establishing new manufacturing plants and expanding the capacities of the existing plants represent another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the escalating demand for xylene in numerous applications, such as degreasing agents, adhesives, and sealants, due to its solvent property is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the emerging product applications in chemical intermediates, blending agents for high-motor and aviation fuels, and breathing devices (inhalers) have catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the significant expansion of the automobile industry, increasing investments in research and development (R&D) activities, rapid industrialization, and easy availability of cheaper feedstock through shale oil discoveries, are also anticipated to drive the market further.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the xylene manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the xylene industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the xylene industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing xylene?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing xylene?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing xylene?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing xylene?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing xylene?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing xylene?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing xylene?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing xylene?
- What are the profit margins in xylene?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of xylene?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Xylene Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Xylene Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Xylene Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
184.108.40.206 Plant Machinery Costs
220.127.116.11 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
18.104.22.168 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
22.214.171.124 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Xylene Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Xylene Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Xylene Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Xylene Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Xylene Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Xylene: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Xylene: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Xylene: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Xylene Price Structure
Figure 10: Xylene: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Xylene: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Xylene: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Xylene Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Xylene Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Xylene Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Xylene Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Xylene Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Xylene Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Xylene Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Xylene Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Xylene Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Xylene Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Xylene Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Xylene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Xylene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Xylene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Xylene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Xylene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Xylene Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Xylene Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Xylene Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Xylene Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Xylene Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Xylene Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers