Yogurt is a slightly sour, semi-solid liquid made from milk that is fermented by added bacteria. It is prepared using a culture of Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus bacteria. The fermentation of sugars in the milk produces lactic acid, which then acts on milk protein to provide yogurt its characteristic texture and tart flavor. It is a rich source of vitamin B12 and riboflavin. It also contains minerals, such as magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. As a result, its consumption offers several health benefits, such as reducing the risks of heart diseases and osteoporosis, aiding in weight management, promoting healthy digestion, protecting against colorectal cancer, improving the immune system, and reducing high blood pressure and bad cholesterol.
The global market is majorly driven by the rising awareness regarding the health benefits associated with the consumption of yogurt. In line with this, the rapid expansion of the online and offline organized retail sector and the inflating per capita income levels are significantly contributing to the market across the globe. Apart from this, the availability of numerous flavors of yogurt is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, with the growing trend of veganism, the demand for non-dairy-based yogurt products is continually increasing, which, in turn, is driving the market across the globe. Besides this, the escalating demand for probiotic food and beverages among the masses is further catalyzing the product uptake. Additionally, several manufacturers are also launching fortified product variants with added vitamins, minerals, and fiber, thus propelling the market growth.
The report provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a yogurt manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the yogurt industry. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, key success and risk factors, manufacturing requirements, project cost, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the yogurt industry.
The project report covers the following aspects of the yogurt market:
- Market Snapshot:
- Market Performance
- Market Breakup by Segment
- Market Breakup by Region
- Price Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Market Outlook
- Manufacturing Process:
- Product Overview
- Detailed Process Flow
- Unit Operations Involved
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved:
- Land, Location and Site Development
- Plant Layout
- Machinery Requirements and Expenditures
- Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- Project Economics
- Capital Investments
- Operating Costs
- Expenditure Projections
- Revenue Projections
- Profit Projections
- Financial Analysis
- Regulatory Procedures and Approval
- Key Success and Risk Factors
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the yogurt industry?
- How has the yogurt market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the yogurt industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a yogurt manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a yogurt manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a yogurt manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a yogurt manufacturing plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a yogurt manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a yogurt manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a yogurt manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a yogurt manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a yogurt manufacturing plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of yogurt?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a yogurt manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports?
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to take informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, Utility costs, labour costs, etc across 100+ countries around the globe
- We are the trusted business partners to the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to fortune 500 companies
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modelling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
3.1 Market Scenario
3.2 Raw Material Requirements
3.3 Income Projections
3.4 Expenditure Projections
3.5 Profit Analysis
4 Global Yogurt Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Breakup by Segment
4.5 Market Breakup by Region
4.6 Price Trends
4.6.1 Raw Material Price Trends
4.6.2 Yogurt Price Trends
4.6.3 Product Margins
4.7 Market Forecast
5 Yogurt Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
6.1 Land, Location and Site Development
6.1.1 Overview of Land Location
6.1.2 Project Planning and Phasing of Development
6.1.3 Environmental Impacts
6.1.4 Land Requirement and Expenditure
6.2 Plant Layout
6.3 Plant Machinery
6.3.1 Machinery Requirements and Costs
6.3.2 Machinery Suppliers
6.3.3 Machinery Pictures
6.4 Raw Materials
6.4.1 Raw Material Requirements
6.4.2 Raw Material Procurement
6.4.3 Raw Material Expenditure
6.4.4 Raw Material Suppliers
6.4.5 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
6.5 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
6.6 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
6.7 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
6.8 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
7 Loans and Financial Assistance
8 Project Economics
8.1 Capital Cost of the Project
8.2 Operating Expenses
8.3 Expenditure Projections
8.4 Income Projections
8.5 Product Pricing and Margins
8.8 Financial Analysis
8.8.1 Liquidity Analysis
8.8.2 Profitability Analysis
126.96.36.199 Payback Period
188.8.131.52 Net Present Value
184.108.40.206 Internal Rate of Return
220.127.116.11 Profit and Loss Account
8.8.3 Uncertainty Analysis
8.8.4 Sensitivity Analysis
9 Regulatory Procedures and Approval
10 Key Success and Risk Factors
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Yogurt Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Yogurt Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Yogurt Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Yogurt Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Yogurt Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Yogurt Raw Materials: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Yogurt: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 8: Yogurt: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 9: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Breakup of Costs
Figure 10: Yogurt Price Structure
Figure 11: Yogurt: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 12: Yogurt: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Feedstocks
Figure 13: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant Layout
List of Tables
Table 1: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Project Planning
Table 3: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Phasing of Development
Table 4: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Environmental Impacts During Construction Phase
Table 5: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Environmental Impacts During Operation Phase
Table 6: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Land and Site Development (in US$)
Table 7: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Machinery
Table 8: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: List of Machinery Suppliers
Table 9: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Raw Materials
Table 10: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: List of Raw Material Suppliers
Table 11: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Packaging
Table 12: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Utilities
Table 13: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 14: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Capital Costs
Table 15: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Operating Costs
Table 16: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Taxation
Table 17: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Depreciation
Table 18: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Income Projections
Table 19: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Expenditure Projections
Table 20: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Liquidity Analysis Without Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 21: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Liquidity Analysis on Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 22: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Profitability Analysis Without Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 23: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Profitability Analysis on Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 24: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Profit and Loss Account
Table 25: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Discount Factor Rate
Table 26: Yogurt Manufacturing Plant: Sensitivity Analysis
Syndicated Analytics provides special pricing for:
- Academic Institutes
- Government Agencies
- Nonprofit Organizations
- For more information, feel free to contact us.