Cheese is a dairy product that has been valued for ages due to its longer shelf-life and portability. The product is produced in a wide variety of textures, flavors, and forms by coagulating the milk protein casein, which is usually derived from cow, goat, buffalo, and sheep milk. The texture and flavor of the cheese mainly rely on the origin of the milk, whether it is pasteurized, aged, or processed. Cheese is one of the rich sources of nutrients, such as calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin B12, zinc, protein, and fat, which are essential for building strong bones and muscles. The most commonly available types of cheese include cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, feta, cottage, and Roquefort.
The increasing consumer disposable income and the shifting consumer consumption preference toward western foods, especially in the emerging economies, are key factors primarily driving the cheese market across the globe. The rapid expansion of the fast-food chains is also providing an impetus to the market growth. The surging health consciousness among the consumers has compelled the key players to introduce low-fat, gluten-free cheese varinats, which, in turn, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. The market players are also introducing cheese with new textures, flavors, and colors to sustain the raging competition and expand their consumer base, which is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the easy availability of cheese in hypermarkets, online retail stores, and supermarkets and the rising demand for authentic and premium cheese are factors creating a positive outlook for the market.
The report provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a cheese manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the cheese industry. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, key success and risk factors, manufacturing requirements, project cost, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the cheese industry.
The project report covers the following aspects of the cheese market:
- Market Snapshot:
- Market Performance
- Market Breakup by Segment
- Market Breakup by Region
- Price Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Market Outlook
- Manufacturing Process:
- Product Overview
- Detailed Process Flow
- Unit Operations Involved
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved:
- Land, Location and Site Development
- Plant Layout
- Machinery Requirements and Expenditures
- Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- Project Economics
- Capital Investments
- Operating Costs
- Expenditure Projections
- Revenue Projections
- Profit Projections
- Financial Analysis
- Regulatory Procedures and Approval
- Key Success and Risk Factors
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the cheese industry?
- How has the cheese market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the cheese industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a cheese manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a cheese manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a cheese manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a cheese manufacturing plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a cheese manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a cheese manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a cheese manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a cheese manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a cheese manufacturing plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of cheese?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a cheese manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports?
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to take informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, Utility costs, labour costs, etc across 100+ countries around the globe
- We are the trusted business partners to the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to fortune 500 companies
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modelling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
3.1 Market Scenario
3.2 Raw Material Requirements
3.3 Income Projections
3.4 Expenditure Projections
3.5 Profit Analysis
4 Global Cheese Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Breakup by Segment
4.5 Market Breakup by Region
4.6 Price Trends
4.6.1 Raw Material Price Trends
4.6.2 Cheese Price Trends
4.6.3 Product Margins
4.7 Market Forecast
5 Cheese Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
6.1 Land, Location and Site Development
6.1.1 Overview of Land Location
6.1.2 Project Planning and Phasing of Development
6.1.3 Environmental Impacts
6.1.4 Land Requirement and Expenditure
6.2 Plant Layout
6.3 Plant Machinery
6.3.1 Machinery Requirements and Costs
6.3.2 Machinery Suppliers
6.3.3 Machinery Pictures
6.4 Raw Materials
6.4.1 Raw Material Requirements
6.4.2 Raw Material Procurement
6.4.3 Raw Material Expenditure
6.4.4 Raw Material Suppliers
6.4.5 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
6.5 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
6.6 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
6.7 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
6.8 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
7 Loans and Financial Assistance
8 Project Economics
8.1 Capital Cost of the Project
8.2 Operating Expenses
8.3 Expenditure Projections
8.4 Income Projections
8.5 Product Pricing and Margins
8.8 Financial Analysis
8.8.1 Liquidity Analysis
8.8.2 Profitability Analysis
220.127.116.11 Payback Period
18.104.22.168 Net Present Value
22.214.171.124 Internal Rate of Return
126.96.36.199 Profit and Loss Account
8.8.3 Uncertainty Analysis
8.8.4 Sensitivity Analysis
9 Regulatory Procedures and Approval
10 Key Success and Risk Factors
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Cheese Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Cheese Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Cheese Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Cheese Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Cheese Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Cheese Raw Materials: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Cheese: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 8: Cheese: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 9: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Breakup of Costs
Figure 10: Cheese Price Structure
Figure 11: Cheese: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 12: Cheese: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Feedstocks
Figure 13: Cheese Manufacturing Plant Layout
List of Tables
Table 1: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Project Planning
Table 3: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Phasing of Development
Table 4: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Environmental Impacts During Construction Phase
Table 5: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Environmental Impacts During Operation Phase
Table 6: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Land and Site Development (in US$)
Table 7: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Machinery
Table 8: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: List of Machinery Suppliers
Table 9: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Raw Materials
Table 10: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: List of Raw Material Suppliers
Table 11: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Packaging
Table 12: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Utilities
Table 13: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 14: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Capital Costs
Table 15: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Operating Costs
Table 16: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Taxation
Table 17: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Depreciation
Table 18: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Income Projections
Table 19: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Expenditure Projections
Table 20: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Liquidity Analysis Without Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 21: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Liquidity Analysis on Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 22: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Profitability Analysis Without Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 23: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Profitability Analysis on Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 24: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Profit and Loss Account
Table 25: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Discount Factor Rate
Table 26: Cheese Manufacturing Plant: Sensitivity Analysis