Protein is a macronutrient that is essential in building muscle mass in the body. It is found in muscle, bone, cartilage, skin, hair, or tissue. Protein is commonly obtained from animal products and other sources, such as nuts and legumes, which help supplement the natural protein of the human body. The chemical composition of protein includes amino acids and organic compounds made of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, or sulfur. It also consists of enzymes that power chemical reactions and hemoglobin, carrying oxygen through the body. Protein also regulates weight, improves immunity and physical strength, and reduces muscle loss. Consequently, it finds application across various industries such as food and beverage, dietary supplements, and pharmaceuticals.
The global protein market is primarily driven by the growing number of people suffering from various lifestyle diseases, including obesity, diabetes, and malnutrition. Protein is added to bakery products, infant formula, and health drinks as they have high nutritional value, thus acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the growing health consciousness among individuals is increasing the demand for protein-infused food and beverage products that improve the immune system and boosts the body functions. In addition, consumers are shifting from conventional animal-based protein products to organic and plant-based alternatives. Fitness trainers also recommend incorporating protein products to help repair muscle tissues, promote fat loss, and build muscles. Furthermore, the emerging trend of veganism, growing awareness about functional foods and dietary supplements, and extensive investments in research and development (R&D) activities are anticipated to create a positive outlook for the market in the upcoming years.
The report provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a protein manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the protein industry. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, key success and risk factors, manufacturing requirements, project cost, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the protein industry.
The project report covers the following aspects of the protein market:
- Market Snapshot:
- Market Performance
- Market Breakup by Segment
- Market Breakup by Region
- Price Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Market Outlook
- Manufacturing Process:
- Product Overview
- Detailed Process Flow
- Unit Operations Involved
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved:
- Land, Location and Site Development
- Plant Layout
- Machinery Requirements and Expenditures
- Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
- Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
- Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
- Utility Requirements and Expenditures
- Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
- Project Economics
- Capital Investments
- Operating Costs
- Expenditure Projections
- Revenue Projections
- Profit Projections
- Financial Analysis
- Regulatory Procedures and Approval
- Key Success and Risk Factors
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the protein industry?
- How has the protein market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the protein industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a protein manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a protein manufacturing plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of protein?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a protein manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports?
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to take informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, Utility costs, labour costs, etc across 100+ countries around the globe
- We are the trusted business partners to the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to fortune 500 companies
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modelling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
3.1 Market Scenario
3.2 Raw Material Requirements
3.3 Income Projections
3.4 Expenditure Projections
3.5 Profit Analysis
4 Global Protein Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Breakup by Segment
4.5 Market Breakup by Region
4.6 Price Trends
4.6.1 Raw Material Price Trends
4.6.2 Protein Price Trends
4.6.3 Product Margins
4.7 Market Forecast
5 Protein Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
6.1 Land, Location and Site Development
6.1.1 Overview of Land Location
6.1.2 Project Planning and Phasing of Development
6.1.3 Environmental Impacts
6.1.4 Land Requirement and Expenditure
6.2 Plant Layout
6.3 Plant Machinery
6.3.1 Machinery Requirements and Costs
6.3.2 Machinery Suppliers
6.3.3 Machinery Pictures
6.4 Raw Materials
6.4.1 Raw Material Requirements
6.4.2 Raw Material Procurement
6.4.3 Raw Material Expenditure
6.4.4 Raw Material Suppliers
6.4.5 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
6.5 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
6.6 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
6.7 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
6.8 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
7 Loans and Financial Assistance
8 Project Economics
8.1 Capital Cost of the Project
8.2 Operating Expenses
8.3 Expenditure Projections
8.4 Income Projections
8.5 Product Pricing and Margins
8.8 Financial Analysis
8.8.1 Liquidity Analysis
8.8.2 Profitability Analysis
188.8.131.52 Payback Period
184.108.40.206 Net Present Value
220.127.116.11 Internal Rate of Return
18.104.22.168 Profit and Loss Account
8.8.3 Uncertainty Analysis
8.8.4 Sensitivity Analysis
9 Regulatory Procedures and Approval
10 Key Success and Risk Factors
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Protein Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Protein Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Protein Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Protein Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Protein Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Protein Raw Materials: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Protein: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 8: Protein: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 9: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Breakup of Costs
Figure 10: Protein Price Structure
Figure 11: Protein: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 12: Protein: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Feedstocks
Figure 13: Protein Manufacturing Plant Layout
List of Tables
Table 1: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Project Planning
Table 3: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Phasing of Development
Table 4: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Environmental Impacts During Construction Phase
Table 5: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Environmental Impacts During Operation Phase
Table 6: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Land and Site Development (in US$)
Table 7: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Machinery
Table 8: Protein Manufacturing Plant: List of Machinery Suppliers
Table 9: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Raw Materials
Table 10: Protein Manufacturing Plant: List of Raw Material Suppliers
Table 11: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Packaging
Table 12: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Utilities
Table 13: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 14: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Capital Costs
Table 15: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Operating Costs
Table 16: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Taxation
Table 17: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Depreciation
Table 18: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Income Projections
Table 19: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Expenditure Projections
Table 20: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Liquidity Analysis Without Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 21: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Liquidity Analysis on Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 22: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Profitability Analysis Without Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 23: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Profitability Analysis on Considering the Income Tax Liability
Table 24: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Profit and Loss Account
Table 25: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Discount Factor Rate
Table 26: Protein Manufacturing Plant: Sensitivity Analysis
Syndicated Analytics provides special pricing for:
- Academic Institutes
- Government Agencies
- Nonprofit Organizations
- For more information, feel free to contact us.