Hexene, with the molecular formula C6H12, is a clear, colorless liquid with a petroleum-like aroma. It is less dense and insoluble in water. It is a vital C6 hydrocarbon, also known as alpha-olefins, which according to the industrial classification, has two crucial production procedures, namely dehydration of hexanol and oligomerization of ethylene. It is used as a solvent, chemical reaction medium, and paint thinner.
One of the primary factors driving the market is the extensive utilization of hexene in polymer production, chemical synthesis, and manufacturing flavors, dyes, and perfumes. Additionally, hexene is utilized to manufacture polythene and linear aldehydes. On the other hand, hexene finds application in fuels and related products, laundry and dishwashing products, lubricants and greases. Apart from this, the easy availability of raw materials, and efforts made to enhance the yield and minimize the production cost are propelling the market growth. Besides this, there has been a rise in the production of poly-alpha-olefins and polyethylene, which is escalating the product demand due to the rising usage of 1-hexene in producing low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and high-density polyethylene (HDPE). Furthermore, technological advancements in oligomerization of ethylene are accelerating the product adoption rate. In line with this, the concentration in the production of 1-hexene is based on bio, which is expected to boost the product demand as biochemical products gain popularity as environment-friendly solutions. As a result, the surge in demand for this product can be directed to its versatility, recyclability, low cost of production, and easy processibility. Furthermore, several key players are investing in expanding the production units and ensuring a steady supply of raw materials. They are also conducting research on chemical reactions that can improve the yield of the chemical. These factors are anticipated to create a favorable market outlook in the upcoming years.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the hexene manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the hexene industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the hexene industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing hexene?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing hexene?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing hexene?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing hexene?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing hexene?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing hexene?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing hexene?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing hexene?
- What are the profit margins in hexene?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of hexene?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Hexene Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Hexene Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Hexene Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
18.104.22.168 Plant Machinery Costs
22.214.171.124 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
126.96.36.199 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
188.8.131.52 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Hexene Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Hexene Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Hexene Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Hexene Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Hexene Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Hexene: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Hexene: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Hexene: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Hexene Price Structure
Figure 10: Hexene: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Hexene: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Hexene: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Hexene Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Hexene Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Hexene Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Hexene Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Hexene Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Hexene Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Hexene Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Hexene Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Hexene Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Hexene Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Hexene Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Hexene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Hexene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Hexene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Hexene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Hexene Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Hexene Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Hexene Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Hexene Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Hexene Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Hexene Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Hexene Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers