Yeast extract is a clear, natural, versatile, and water-soluble product derived from torula, baker’s, and brewer’s yeast. It is produced after the enzymes in yeast cells break down the proteins into smaller components and dissolve the surrounding cell walls. Yeast extract is widely used in cooking, manufacturing drugs, personal care products, cosmetics, biofuel, and microbial nutrients. It is a rich source of glutamates, ribonucleotides, proteins, amino acids, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals. Yeast extract promotes muscle development, improves digestion, boosts immunity, increases red blood cell (RBC) production, and sustains healthy brain functions.
The significant growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry is creating a positive outlook for the market. Yeast extract is widely used to improve, intensify, and add depth of flavors, including buttery, roasted, grilled, cheesy, and fatty, to various food products, such as season sauces, bouillons, soups, meat dishes, bakery products, noodles, cookies, bread, and savory snacks. In addition, rising product adoption as an alternative to monosodium glutamate (MSG) in processed food due to increasing consumer preference for natural ingredients with low salt content is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization in animal feed as a natural additive and an abundant source of proteins, minerals, amino acids, and nucleotides that promote animal health, improve digestion, and boost immunity is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Additionally, the increasing demand for yeast extract in microbiology as a bacteriological media component for the growth of microorganisms and molecular genetics applications is positively influencing the market growth. Apart from this, rising product incorporation in cosmetics and personal care products, as it improves skin health and promotes cell metabolism, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Other factors, including the rising expenditure capacities of consumers, increasing demand for convenience and processed food, and widespread product utilization in the pharmaceutical industry, are anticipated to drive market growth.
This production cost analysis report by Syndicated Analytics is the result of a comprehensive examination of the yeast extract manufacturing process. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know while making a foray into the yeast extract industry. It is based on the latest economic data and presents exhaustive insights about the primary process flow, raw material requirements, reactions involved, utility costs, operating costs, capital investments, pricing, margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake in the yeast extract industry.
The following technical and economic aspects are included in the report:
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Major Regions
- Key Manufacturers
- Price Trends
- Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
- Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
- Raw Material Costs
- Utility Costs
- Labor Costs
- Packaging Costs
- Transportation Costs
- Land and Construction Costs
- Machinery Costs
- Profit Margins
- Product Pricing
Key Questions Answered in This Report-
- What are the various unit operations involved in manufacturing yeast extract?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs in manufacturing yeast extract?
- What are the utility requirements and costs in manufacturing yeast extract?
- What are the manpower requirements and costs in manufacturing yeast extract?
- What are the packaging requirements and costs in manufacturing yeast extract?
- What are the transportation requirements and costs in manufacturing yeast extract?
- What are the land requirements and costs in manufacturing yeast extract?
- What are the construction requirements and costs in manufacturing yeast extract?
- What are the profit margins in yeast extract?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of yeast extract?
Need a Customized Project Report?
Although we have tried to make the report as comprehensive as possible, we believe that every stakeholder may have their specific requirements. In view of this, we can customize the report based on your particular needs. You can share your business requirements with our consultants, and we will provide you a tailored scope. Some of the common customizations that our clients request us include:
- The report can be customized based on the country/region that you plan to set up your plant.
- The manufacturing capacity of the plant can be customized based on your requirements.
- Machinery suppliers and costs can be customized based on your requirements.
- Any additions to the current scope can also be provided based on your requirements.
Why buy Syndicated Analytics reports
- Our reports provide stakeholders insights into the viability of a business venture, allowing them to make informed business decisions.
- We have a strong network of consultants and domain experts in 100+ countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- We have a strong database of equipment and raw material suppliers across all major continents.
- We regularly track and update land costs, construction costs, utility costs, labor costs, etc. across 100+ countries around the globe.
- We are the trusted business partners of the world’s leading corporates, governments, and institutions. Our client list ranges from small and start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Our strong in-house team of engineers, statisticians, modeling experts, charted accountants, architects, etc. have been instrumental in building, expanding, and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants across the globe.
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Yeast Extract Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Historical and Current Market Performance
4.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.4 Market Forecast
4.5 Market Breakup by Segment
4.6 Market Breakup by Region
4.7 Price Trends
4.7.1 Yeast Extract Price Trends
4.7.2 Product Margins
5 Yeast Extract Manufacturing Process
5.1 Product Overview
5.2 Detailed Process Flow
5.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
5.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
6 Production Cost Analysis
6.1 Raw Material Cost Analysis
6.1.1 Price Trend of Raw Materials Required
6.1.2 Total Expense on Raw Materials
6.2 Utility Cost Analysis
6.2.1 Electricity Costs
6.2.2 Steam Costs
6.2.3 Process Water Costs
6.2.4 Total Expense on Utilities
6.3 Operating Cost Analysis
6.3.1 Salaries and Wages
6.3.2 Plant Overheads
6.3.3 Tax and Insurance
6.3.4 Packaging Costs
6.3.5 Transportation Costs
6.3.6 Sales and Administration Costs
6.3.7 Total Operating Costs
6.4 Capital Cost Analysis
6.4.1 Land and Site Development Costs
6.4.2 Civil Work Costs
6.4.3 Plant Machinery and Commissioning Costs
18.104.22.168 Plant Machinery Costs
22.214.171.124 Auxiliary Equipment Cost
126.96.36.199 Electrical Works and Piping Costs
188.8.131.52 Other Fixed Costs
6.4.4 Working Capital Requirements for Plant Operation
6.4.5 Total Capital Investment Required
6.5 Total Production Cost
7.1 Raw Material Suppliers
7.2 Pant Machinery Suppliers
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global: Yeast Extract Market: Major Drivers and Challenges
Figure 2: Global: Yeast Extract Market: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2016-2021
Figure 3: Global: Yeast Extract Market Forecast: Value Trends (in Million US$), 2022-2027
Figure 4: Global: Yeast Extract Market: Breakup by Segment (in %), 2021
Figure 5: Global: Yeast Extract Market: Breakup by Region (in %), 2021
Figure 6: Yeast Extract: Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
Figure 7: Yeast Extract: Margins Across Various Stages of the Supply Chain
Figure 8: Yeast Extract: Breakup of Costs
Figure 9: Yeast Extract Price Structure
Figure 10: Yeast Extract: Manufacturing Process Flow
Figure 11: Yeast Extract: Manufacturing Process: Conversion Rate of Raw Materials
Figure 12: Yeast Extract: Raw Material Price Trends, 2016 & 2021
List of Tables
Table 1: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Raw Material Requirements
Table 2: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Raw Material Costs
Table 3: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Electricity Costs
Table 4: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Steam Costs
Table 5: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Process Water Costs
Table 6: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Total Utility Costs
Table 7: Yeast Extract Manufacturing Plant: Costs Related to Salaries and Wages
Table 8: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Packaging Costs
Table 9: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Transportation Costs
Table 10: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Sales and Administration Costs
Table 11: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Total Operating Costs
Table 12: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Costs Related to Land and Site Development
Table 13: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Costs Related to Civil Works
Table 14: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Costs Related to Plant Machinery
Table 15: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Costs Related to Auxiliary Equipment
Table 16: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Costs Related to Electrical works and Piping
Table 17: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Total Costs Related to Plant Machinery and Commissioning
Table 18: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Working Capital Requirements
Table 19: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Total Capital Investment Required
Table 20: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Total Production Cost
Table 21: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Raw Material Suppliers
Table 22: Yeast Extract Manufacturing: Machinery Suppliers